11 May 2009

Wedding On the Delaware

So, the last two weeks have been marathon wedding weeks. Here are some photos from the first one we attended, in Philadelphia on a beautiful old estate on the Delaware River called The Glen Foerd Mansion

Here is all the correspondence and paper from the wedding, designed by the bride herself. I believe the inspiration was a photo of a feather in the sand, taken on the vacation of the proposal. Feathers were enclosed with the invitation.


The (very tall) groom, Mickey, with his (very small) grandmother:


The bride with her stepfather. The back of that dress, "Marrielle" in gold by Raylia was absolutely gorgeous:


As much of the bridal party as I could fit in one frame. I think there were ten each of bridesmaids and groomsmen. The bridesmaids wore their own butter yellow or ivory (our wedding colors!) dresses and the groomsmen wore their own suits with ties silk-screened by Cyberoptix. Flowers were by Jessica Weeks, and hairpieces by Gillian Chadwick:


Mickey and Lauren eating at their own table in front of the mantel which I thought was very romantic, but apparently also a political move. They were able avoid choosing who from their very extensive list of close friends and family to sit with:


The beautiful and DELICIOUS cake! It was all chocolate, with strawberries. We were given extra pieces to take with us, which were gobbled up on the fourteen hour drive home:


My sister found the spot that matched her outfit:


My mom, me, my sister. There was a bowl of small flowers by the guestbook with pins so the guys could put them on their lapels, and I put one in my hair:




2 comments:

  1. what a pretty wedding!
    loved all the pictures
    especially the one with him walking with his grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've seen another of him with his little cousin-in-law at Christmas. Equally cute. He's like a cardboard cut-out for tiny people to have their photos taken with. In the best way possible.

    ReplyDelete