21 April 2009

Keds for Design Nerds

Did you know you could design your own Keds?

Well, you can. 

While looking for some plain black slip-ons, I stumbled upon Keds Studio.

Through a partnership with Zazzle.com, Keds allows you to either choose from designs and color options they provide, or upload your own images.

You can even post your finished shoe design for sale and turn a profit. 

I thought it might be a great opportunity to wear some of those designer wallpaper patterns I've always wanted, but will never be able to afford.  So I whipped up some possible designs.

There are for sure some copyright issues to consider here, but I think that if you just made yourself a pair of Imperial Trellis sneakers, it would be cool with Kelly.


"Elysian Fields" by Dan Funderburgh for Flavorpaper.
"Imperial Trellis II" by Kelly Wearstler for Schumacher
"Diamond Dogs" by Schumacher




1 comment: