20 June 2012

A Birthday for The Boss Lady.


I don't know if you heard, but somebody pretty special turned the big oh-one.

And mama kind of threw the baby birthday party
of her own dreams.


I finished making this doll, from a kit that I thrifted, at roughly the same
time that she was born. 3:41AM. Weird, right?
There were dozens and dozens of lollipops and pinwheels. 
A piñata that got pardoned on the grounds that I love it and bashing likenesses
 of animals makes me sad.


Vegan Cake from Bleeding Heart Bakery. I told them I wanted a vanilla
sprinkle cakeball the cake. I made the little flags that all the kids are doing 
these days, and the "1" penant was meant for Ola to wear, but ended up 
covering a spot where the cake got smooshed. 
Might wanna get some stronger boxes, Bleeding Heart.
Smash cake, also from Bleeding Heart, and cake topper candle holde
from The Small Object
I also enlisted the help of our family. This lady made over 100 cake pops!
My sister and almost sister made these cookies based on this piñata cookie recipe.
They chose to use unicorn cookie cutters instead of donkeys and had to use some
 pretty clever baking technique involving a kleenex box in order to get the whole
 rainbow to fit inside one cookie. FYI, mini m&m's aren't so easy
 to find these days. You'll have to ask the internet.
Our awesome friends, Nicole and Wes, made a balloon press wall.

She was very cautious about the cake at first, and I don't think she liked the taste of
sugar, but eventually we ended up with this.
It was all worth it to hear a loud chorus of voices singing Happy Birthday to my
 baby while what seemed like a paparazzi-sized crew of people snapped photos. 







2 comments: